Monday, December 17, 2012

Usage?

Sometimes we throw our self as hopeless things to do. Start projects that'll never finish, and we know that even before we start.

This is here project smells a bit like stalling also, but i still have faith.
Some of the things I've come to terms with over the years is that I'm not exactly in my prime anymore. Things take longer to figure out, and as time goes by I find things being way more complex then they used to be...

It's not the first time I've tried hands with a non windows default setup. Usually i end up with someting linux, and some old desktop. I spend a few hours in a WM box setting up some system, that work rigth there, and could be replcated to that desktop I was thinking of.
Then stuff starts to get in the way.

A desktop will need power, network, screen and it'll take up space.
As I seem to consistanly fail to get the desktop or what ever device up and running to continue the project I was working on, and there's more options for stuff that could get in the way, for instance, it's noise to have running, the project kinda enters a state of standby.

I believe I have somewhere between 10 and 20 stranded projects like that. Just the systems I've consider and started building for my kids, the oldest is 9 and Teletubbies just aren't that much fun to her anymore :)
The hardware requirements for the projects tend to escalate too. Like I have a T43 running XP and with some game stuff. Now they want to go to the internet and play minecraft and Roblox. The poor machine just can't handle the load...

I should clean all that crap up some day.

My main point is that i always have an intented usage for the product of the project.
Yet the use case tends to have expired before I finish the project, yet I'm unwilling to let go.

Does that sound familiar to you?
How do you handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment